WHY YOGA ?
Yoga is a self-sufficient, incredibly rounded system that anyone can practise.
It’s the art of modifying each pose to suit your own body that sets into motion the journey of learning about yourself. The true purpose of yoga. And through attention to the breath that the practice is transformed and we gain the relaxing and mental health benefits we so often hear about that come from a yoga practice.
With regular practice you can reap many other physical benefits, some of which are listed below:
- Improved posture
- Defined muscle tone
- Reduced aches, pains and stiffness (especially in the back)
- Better body balance
- Increased flexibility
- Enhanced respiratory, digestive, reproductive and immune systems
- Boosted energy levels
- Increased stamina
- Heightened mental agility
- Improved concentration and or creativity
- Reduced tension, stress and anxiety
- Stronger willpower
- Boosted sexual confidence and control
- Maintained youthfulness
“We don’t use our body to get into a pose, we use the pose to get into our body”
Bernie Clark The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga